First Methodist Church – Sweetwater
First United Methodist Church of Sweetwater, TX (FUMCsweetwater.org) is receiving resumés for a full-time staff position.
Send resumé and cover sheet indicating interest to Rev. Ryan Strebeck at Rstrebeck@FUMCsweetwater.org, or contact him with questions by phone at 325-236-1800.
Director of Youth Ministry & Outreach
First Methodist Church, Sweetwater TX (FUMC Sweetwater)
Type: Full-time (resident) / Salary: commensurate with experience
Amenable to Pastor, SPRC, Volunteers
FUMC Sweetwater is seeking a full-time staff member to help us live out our church’s mission: making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. This staff member will oversee three major areas of ministry and service: Youth ministry, media, and outreach.
Specific Expectations (Youth Ministry) –
- Plan and coordinate weekly gatherings of Bible-teaching, fellowship, service, and worship for 6th-12th grade students (Sunday school, Sunday evening, Wednesday evening), leading and equipping others to lead.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with church staff, parents, volunteers, students, and congregation about youth ministry events and volunteer training.
- Lead students to become full members and leaders in the life of FUMC. 4. Plan and attend annual mission trip.
- Help facilitate summer church camp attendance for students.
- Attend community events in support of current students, as well as seeking opportunities to connect with young people who do not have a church home.
Specific Expectations (Media & Outreach) –
- Oversee outreach and evangelism ministries
- Assist with worship-music related media prior to and during worship services. 3. Oversee church website, online calendar, and social media presence.
- Live in the story of God’s salvation as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Be reasonably and meaningfully connected to the life of FUMC.
- Attend appropriate team meetings as needed. (Leadership, Youth Council, Worship Design Team, Staff Meeting)