Hard Head Veterans Job Opening
Mission for Industrial Sewing Lead
Hard Head Veterans LLC
Hard Head Veterans specializes in the production of ballistic helmets and accessories.
We are looking for an experienced sewer to lead HHV’s fabric goods production at our facility located in Sweetwater, Texas. You will be ultimately responsible for helping create life saving equipment.
Furthermore we are looking for that rare individual who understands and strives to be part of a top performing team. Hard Head Veterans is based upon the same team principles and culture found in US Special Operations forces. Such as extreme accountability, “never quit” attitudes, competitive environments, and “figure it out and get it done” mindsets.
- Perform the function of sewing or assembling fabric or hardware in a safe and efficient manner.
- A high level of technical proficiency is required — you must be excellent at fabric handling, able to maintain a seam allowance, know when to “force it” and when to “finesse it” etc.
- Meet or exceed monthly productivity goals for the position and department goals.
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Prepares machine by changing needles and thread, oiling and changing bobbin, and securing attachments.
- Is capable of creating sewing patterns, and running automated fabric cutting machines.
- Integrates with the Logistics Director to source and procure materials & machines.
- Ensure output meets quality standards
- Trains and supervises other sewers
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years experience in sewing operations
- Experience with running and maintaining industrial sewing machines, tackers, cutters.
- Excellent project management skills
- Positive, “can-do” attitude and ability to work in a very fast paced environment
- Starting $35,000
- Fast promotion & raises based on work performance
- Sweetwater, Texas