Now Hiring: Victim Assistance Coordinator
The 32nd District Attorney’s Office is seeking a Victim Assistance Coordinator to provide services to and advocate for victims of felony crimes. The 32nd District Attorney’s Office services Nolan, Mitchell, and Fisher Counties. The Victim Assistance Coordinator is required to be familiar with, understand and implement the rights of crime victims as outlined in the Crime Victims Act.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Informing victims of rights and services
- Providing services by responding to walk-in clients, telephone inquiries, written correspondence and other requests (services may include counseling referrals, assistance with restitution, relocation assistance, protective order applications, etc.)
- Providing assistance in court and orienting victims to the criminal justice system
- Providing case status updates prior to, during, and after case dispositions by mail, telephone, and in-person communication
- Working with prosecutors to ensure victims are aware of upcoming proceedings and plea offers as well as incorporated in decision making
- Collaborate with community and other criminal justice agencies
A Bachelor’s Degree in criminal justice, psychology, social work, counseling, or related fields are preferred but not required. Candidates must pass a background check and drug screening upon hire. Candidates must be organized, flexible and capable of working under pressure. Excellent speaking, writing, and listening skills are necessary. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is desirable. The ability to develop and cultivate effective internal and external working relationships is essential, as is an understanding of the uniquely sensitive and confidential nature of the professional services provided by the District Attorney’s Office.
The Victim Assistance Coordinator is a full-time employee and benefits reflect this status. Immediately upon assuming office, the employee will receive county medical benefits including vision and dental. Compensation is based on an annual salary and will be determined by qualifications.
If interested, pick up an application at the Nolan County Auditor’s office or email your resume to Richard@32ndda-tx.us.