Sweetwater is a place that defies the national average. As manufacturing jobs leave the United States, our city has continued to grow its manufacturing base. From sheet rock to radiation detecting equipment to concrete to substation components, Sweetwater, a town of 10,969 has over 800 full time jobs just in the manufacturing sector. Sweetwater is a place that embraces manufacturing operations.
- United States Gypsum has a sheetrock manufacturing site in Sweetwater with a line that can run over 450’ per minute.
- Georgia Pacific has a wallboard manufacturing site in Sweetwater that manufactures specialty sizes and thicknesses.
- Gold Bond has a wallboard manufacturing plant within 30 miles of Sweetwater.
- Buzzi Unicem USA, Headquartered in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is one of the leading cement manufacturing companies in the US. The company’s eight cement plants have a production capacity of approximately 8.5 million metric tons. Buzzi Unicem is currently in progess of a $260 M + expansion at their Maryneal facility south of Sweetwater. 3/16/15
- EMA Electromechanics, LLC, with company headquarters in Buenos Aires, Argentina, manufactures Vacuum Circuit Breakers and High Speed Grounding Switches for the wind and transmission line industry to be used in sub-stations.
RADIATION DETECTION EQUIPMENT:
- Ludlum Measurements Inc., a home grown company, manufactures radiation detection equipment, calibration equipment, particulate air monitors, plastic injection molds and much more.
- Ludlum’s has five divisions in Sweetwater, Texas, one division in Knoxville, Tennessee, and one division in Uxbridge, United Kingdom.
Ludlum Measurements, or one of its divisions, sells manufactured products in over 70 countries across the world.