Sweetwater continues to explore the expanding renewable energy business. The CREZ lines promoted the growth of renewable energy in the Nolan County area. The Holstein Solar Project was recently completed in the summer of 2020. With average wind speeds of 8.0 to 8.5 meters per second and an average solar index of 5.5 to 6.0 kWh per square meter per day, our region is a prime location for renewable energy for today and the future!
- Sweetwater/Nolan County has over 1,400 turbines (1MW or larger)
- Sweetwater/ Nolan County has approximately 2,373.3 MW of developed wind
- Sweetwater/ Nolan County is home to some of the largest wind farms in the world including Roscoe Wind Farm (781.5 MW), Sweetwater Wind Farm (579.3 MW), and Buffalo Gap Wind Farm (517.9 MW)
- Sweetwater/ Nolan County is home to many of the service and supply chain vendors in the wind industry.
- Visit the American Clean Power Association website for more information about wind and solar
Download a regional renewable energy factsheet here.